Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Monday, September 19, 2005

Terry Fox Run 2005

Yesterday I did the Terry Fox Run in Ottawa, and while it is not technically a race, many people use it as such, as it is almost 10k, on pretty flat terrain, and it's a great cause. It is especially important to me as I was the main creator of the first TFR in Bogota Colombia in 1996 and again in 1997.

My training for next Sunday's Adirondack half marathon called for a six mile run on this past Sunday, so it was perfect. The training must be helping, as I completed the 9.63 k in 46:14, the fastest I have ever done the course, at an average 4:43/km pace, which was very satisfying to me. Conditions were good, and while it was getting up to about 18 degrees Celsius, it was not nearly as hot as it has been on some recent days. The run felt good and so did I.

This week is now tapering towards Sunday, with just some short cruise intervals and a couple of short easy runs of two or three miles. Eight weeks of pretty serious preparation are now over.

Heading out soon for a 25km bike ride, on a glorious fall day in Ottawa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home