Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Saturday, November 05, 2005

It's a small world after all

This morning a guy showed up to run with me who is also a member of the Hash House Harriers in his home town in California. Like me, he was the Hashmaster of his group. We did the three mile loop with another runner, Stephanie, from Ann Arbor. We all chatted through the whole run, great early morning stuff. She did one loop and then Kevin and I got to do another loop at a little faster pace. He's a good runner, can crank out seven minute miles when necessary. Fine run, good weather again and great networking. We even had three walkers today. Three runners, three walkers; amazing turnout for this group. I think I had something to do with encouraging most of them to get out and do it. Other folks are asking me how my runs went; people who could not run to the bathroom. "Oh, you're the runner from Canada, right?" Maybe, just maybe, I can motivate a few more folks to get at least somewhat active. There's one guy here who weighs at least 500 pounds, no exaggeration, and can barely wheeze his way into a meeting room.

Now here's a weird one: a lady shows up at the conference from London Ontario, interested in doing personal histories, after just retiring from Bell Canada after 30 years of service. I retired from Bell after 30 years, but not in London. Never met her before. Her husband works in a long term care facility; my wife works in a long term care facility. Scary!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home