Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Friday, July 17, 2009

Biking to work

It's been about four months now that I have been biking to work, and some 2300 kms, and as always, it's been great. The weather so far has been unseasonably cool, and wet, but every day I can bike is a great day. The National Capital Commission is rehabing the pavement on part of my route, so it's a bit of an obstacle course to get around the construction, and at some point they will really start ripping up the pavement. At that point I will start using the parallel stone dust path alongside the river, but it will only last a few weeks.

Incredibly, there have been just a few days, like today, when I could comfortably ride in the morning with just shorts and a cycling jersey. Most days have required an extra layer, at some 11 degrees Celsius, or a rain jacket. Or both. Our pool has gone almost completely unused so far this summer; absolutely bizarre by mid-July. Tell me about global warming!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home