Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Friday, September 23, 2005

It's almost here!

After about two months of serious training, some 260 kms of running, a fair bit of sweating and cursing, I am finally ready to head for Lake Schroon tomorrow morning for the race on Sunday. My wife and I plan to make this into a mini-vacation and come back on Monday. Seems like lots to see and do in the Adirondacks, to say nothing of the race. Found one other blogger who is going for her first half marathon; maybe we will meet up along the way. Hopefully we do not run into any major gas shortages with all the terrible stuff going on down south.

So stay tuned for race results early next week. I thought about taking my laptop and doing quick reports on my blog, but decided this is supposed to be a little vacation and that can wait until our return. The training has certainly helped, I feel good and so let's go!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lara said...

It was so nice to get to meet you Bill! How perfect that you just happened to be in line behind me, and just happened to be talking about Ottawa at the time.

I had such a good time on that run! I hope you had a great race and I'll look forward to reading about it.

Take care

Monday, 26 September, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home