Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Rattle Me Bones 10k

Today we took part in the fundraiser for the Ottawa Hospital, the great 5 and 10k Rattle Me Bones races. After several years of racing it, I have now become one of the pacers, and this year did the 55 minute pace in the 10k. (Usually I do the 50 minute, but have not been doing enough serious running since the National Capital half marathon in May.)

It was a great fall day, with over 2500 participants in both races, and we raised some $80k for the Hospital. I was right on target at the 5k mark, to the second, but something weird happened in the second half and I ended up completing it in just under 54 minutes, in spite of really slowing down in the final k. My Garmin said I was right on pace the whole way. Anyway, apologies to any who felt they were left behind.

I also host the kid 1k family run; always lots of fun as the little ones go charging out of the gate when I blow the air horn. No one worries about pacing for that event!!

It's a fine event, very well organized by the Hospital. The weather was perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home