Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Back on track, I hope

Finally, back to regular running and other workouts, after a week of sloth and excuses. I put together a motivational sheet to hang on my frig, showing my daily training plan, a calendar to check off the successful completion of the day's training and a pic of me completing a race last January, just to remind me of how much fun it is to run in the cold weather. Now I have this big green marker that I use to fill in each day of the calendar after completing each day, and another red marker that I will use if I ever wimp out and do not follow the plan. Yes, it's silly, but just filling in that square every day, in green, is a tremendous feeling.

This morning, I did my 9.35k in 51:09. at a 5:28 pace. Nothing special, wasn't trying for anything special. After dumping my run data into my computer, I realized that since I started using the Garmin Forerunner in August 2004, on most runs and races, I have now logged just over 1000 kms. Actually I've run quite a bit more than that, but that much is duly recorded. Average pace for all that is 5:33/km.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home