Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Training 101

So I started my regimen of running after biking home from work; sort of a delayed duathlon. Being a long-time member of the Ottawa Hash House Harriers, but somewhat errant in attendance recently, I decided that going out with the hash every Monday night in May would count for training, and I get to hoist a beer or two as reward, and to replace those missing carbs. That worked great last night, as we had an 8-9 k run and then lots of good food and beer afterwards.

Having pushed myself to the front runner ranks during the run, I found the "golden spike", a painted railroad spike the Hare had left along the trail, which earned me a great prize: another can of beer wrapped in a mouse pad that looked like a pair of running shoes. How appropriate.

Tonight I biked my 16 kms home into a ferocious wind, walked the dogs for a half hour, and then headed out for a run. Went down the great stonedust path very close to home, complete with toboggan hill and other natural delights, grinding out a 6 km run. A bit tougher than usual after a fast bike ride, it seemed, but it sure made dinner taste good. Makes for a pretty short evening by the time all the chores are done, but that's training...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home