Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Sunday, November 20, 2005

That was easy

So I have made it through a full week of my maintenance running/workout program, after shaming myself into it by putting a vivid reminder on my frig. Today was a 15 k run, my current version of a long run, and while I was not really trying to run it all that fast, I ended up with a 5:20/k pace, just 5 seconds/k over my half marathon race target pace. Weather was just about right, around 10 degrees Celsius.

A local outdoors store was having a 20% off on everything sale tonight for members of various sports groups, and of course I found a few trinkets I just had to have. My current running gloves, that I bought in NYC in 1992, or thereabouts, have finally worn out, so I bought a new pair of technical ones for cool weather and a fancy pair for cold weather running and x-country skiing. Expensive, but they are supposed to be the ultimate in performance and comfort, don't you know. Also a new polyester balaclava for really cold days (yes, kids, we get it down to -30ish Celsius here, and some cool breezes too), to replace the cotton one I had that gets really damp and then cold from breath and sweat. So bring on winter, I am ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home