Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year of running

Wow, seems like forever since I have done a post to my blog. Started working full-time at Foreign Affairs Canada in mid-December, working mostly on avian flu preparedness. Great job, and it will carry on to the end of January, but sure has played havoc wth my running. At about the same time, the weather conditions for the trails I usually run have overcome them, and there is now too much snow and ice.

So I have hardly run at all since December 12, except on Christmas and today. Got to get ready for the Richmond 10k two weeks from today, so I have regrouped. I have scoped out a 20 minute and 30 minute run on the roads, and with a little dedication, and getting up a few minutes earlier, I should be able to get in runs most days until the 15th, even if only 20 minutes instead of the usual 50 minutes. There's also the elliptical trainer and some other cardio stuff I can use.

I got a neat little red flashing light for Christmas to wear on my clothes, which will help with staying visible on early morning runs.

Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year celebration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home