Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Sunday, June 06, 2010

National Capital Race Weekend

Wow, where did the time go? Anyway, late May was the usual NCM with huge tournout for all races, and 10,900 in the half-marathon. This was my fifth, and as usual the training was nowhere close to what it should have been, with only one 11k run as my 'long run'. However, the weather was good, not too hot and humid, and I managed a chip time of 1:59 something, a couple minutes faster than last year, and good enough to come in the top 20% of my age group.

We also helped with the anti-doping for the 10k, and a water station for the marathon, as well as snagging a new pair of Mizuno running shoes at the Fitness Expo. They will get their first race test as I do the Jordan ON half marathon on June 12.

I have been biking to work as usual since April, and it feels so good to be off the bus over the winter and back on the roads and trails. Will add some pics later; gotta run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home